The objective of the low voltage products report is to explore more about Low Voltage (LV) Products (Circuit Breakers). All different aspects that had been covered during the analysis are technological advancements, competitive perspective, key players, and market analysis. The report also highlights the future trends of Low Voltage Products (Circuit Breakers).
The World of electrical power distribution is evolving very quickly. Some driving factors like energy efficiency, connectivity, and smart grids are suddenly crowded onto the stage. Keeping these factors in mind, a low voltage product (circuit breaker) is taken into account to utilize its advantages. A low voltage circuit breaker is an example of an electromechanical switch. Its goal is to prevent an electrical circuit from damage caused by an overcurrent or short circuit. Low voltage systems are composed of electrical devices that operate using 50 volts of power. Typically employed low voltages consist of 48V, 24V, and 12V.
Some residential examples of low voltage systems are:
- Home Security Sensors
- Garage Door openers
- Landscape Lighting
Low voltage circuit breakers offer protection to the electrical circuits. But along with them, some challenges are also there, which are discussed further.
- Grease is typically used to lubricate traditional circuit breakers. But it negatively affects the safety of the whole system by stiffening dry out and narrowing the working temperature range. Thus, ultimately increasing the maintenance demand.
- When air is released into the atmosphere via an air blast circuit breaker, a lot of noise is produced. The issue of current chopping and re-striking voltage affects the working of the air blast circuit breaker.
- The on-state resistance of traditional electromechanical AC circuit breakers is quite low. However, they must be modified or derated to aid the DC applications due to the lack of current zero crossing and the challenge of putting out arcs. They are too slow to prevent constantly rising DC fault currents.
There is no denying that companies that adopt cutting-edge approaches reach new heights in their industry. Innovations aid in the expansion of business by offering new market opportunities. Some of the innovative solutions that overcome the above-mentioned problems are:
Graphene-based Circuit Breakers
The Graphene Flagship set up the Circuit breakers Spearhead Project. Under this project, they come up with a graphene-based, grease-free, maintenance-free, low-voltage circuit breaker for fault protection in key parts of the electrical grid. The metal-graphene solution can be available in two different forms, either in electroplated coating or composite parts produced by sintering.
Self-lubricating metal-graphene composites will considerably eliminate the need for maintenance and repair. It will extend the lifespan of the circuit breakers as well.
3WA Air circuit Breaker-Siemens
All low-voltage power distribution needs in online spaces are satisfied by the new 3WA circuit breakers. These circuit breakers offer software-based engineering, digital monitoring, and seamless integration in IoT systems. Upgrades can be carried out digitally for the first time by downloading and installing the new features using an app.
GaN-Based Tri-Mode Intelligent Solid-State Circuit Breakers
Studying an intelligent solid-state circuit breaker truly based on gallium nitride (GaN) offers a tri-mode feature. It is typically designed for low-voltage DC power networks. These circuit breakers are referred to as iBreaker. The iBreaker adopts a distinct pulse width modulation (PWM) current limiting (PWM-CL) state. Moreover, it offers the conventional on and off states to facilitate soft startup, fault authentication, and fault location functions.
Each year Signicent provides consultancy to hundreds of organizations to help transform their innovations to value.
This section of the low voltage products report will highlight the market trends and dynamics that are currently working in this industry. The global market size of low voltage circuit breakers was valued at $3.4 billion in 2019 and is anticipated to reach $4.4 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2020 to 2027.
According to the research done by the experts of Signicent, it has been found that in terms of revenue, Asia-Pacific garnered the highest share in the low voltage circuit breaker market in 2019 and is predicted to keep leading during the forecast period
Market categorization benefits in providing services according to the needs of the customers. By fulfilling the needs of customers, one can be able to incline the market size. Following are some factors that categorize the low-voltage circuit breakers:
- Miniature Circuit Breaker
- Molded-case Circuit Breaker
- Air Circuit Breaker.
By End User
- Energy Allocation
- Shut-off Circuit
- North America
Startups for Low-Voltage Products
- Amber Solutions (California, US), founded in 2017, is a leading developer of novel, patent-protected technologies for digital control of power in solid-state architecture.
- Atom Power (North Carolina, US), founded in 2014, launched the safest and fastest circuit breaker that permits the required infrastructure for smart power distribution and a far more sustainable energy supply.
Key players in the Low-Voltage Circuit Breakers
This section of the low-voltage products report will take you through the insights about the giants specifically working on low-voltage circuit breakers.
Some other key players working in the low-voltage circuit breakers market are mentioned as follows:
- Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems Co., Ltd
- General Electric
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Toshiba Corporation
- Fuji Electric
- Camsco Electric Co., Ltd
- Revitalizing Silicon: The Path to Recovery and Revalorization
- Exploring Cable Protection Systems for Modern Infrastructure
- Innovative Applications of Nano Conductive Metallic Inks in Modern Electronics
- Advancements in Superabsorbent Materials: Innovation and Sustainability
- Advancing Technology in Fasteners and Connectors